Friday, December 4, 2009

Re-defined Life

They say that once you find that person who so seems to make your mind go numb, your stomach flip, someone you can actually picture yourself with even when you are old and crippled, you will always find a way to be with that person. They say that once you find all that, you will never have another lonely night. Yet, in the distant I hear a laughter that annoys me, and, near me, I hear the words “I need your loving like the sunshine” being uttered. I seem to be standing still while the whole world revolves around me, confusing me, making me dizzy; it seems to be spinning with happiness, while I’m standing with sadness. Slow-motioned people move around the room, smiling, laughing. I see everyone; I see no one. I see a girl of about sixteen, letting her head fall back while her shoulders move up and down and her mouth opens and closes, showing off her coffee-stained teeth. I don’t move while everyone seems to do so. She’s placing her hand on the shoulder of a guy, brown hair, blurry face, laughing also. She leans forward, opening and closing her mouth at odd intervals. People talk and I don’t listen; the words go on annoyingly, but I can’t listen. The constant nagging of everyone who doesn’t get enough in life – it makes me wonder if there is some purpose for all of those who do so, any at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment