Friday, December 4, 2009

I Never Thought

That lovely face, round and decadent, I could not imagine dead. Those glistering eyes I cannot see how they can leave me. The love your lips pursued over mine will never be there anymore that you will.
I should’ve known that this utopia could not last forever. I had to know, somehow, that your skin would fall and that your skeleton will be bare and soon decrepit. I knew in my heart that you would not live forever with me, that you would have to leave sometime, but my soul seems to not have known; it feels that a part of it has gone missing.
But you just lay there, not knowing. I miss you and I want you back. You don’t seem to hear me, even if I spend all my days just wishing and waiting. You are gone and I’m still here. You are gone; you left me, and yet you are still with me somehow.
I should be well aware that you loved me. Most of all, though, I never thought you could be so peaceful without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment